This job posting is no longer active on LongIslandJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Travers Tool Company, Inc., established in 1924, is a preferred catalog distributor to the metalworking and industrial markets worldwide. Travers, the on-time tool distributor, is located in the Queens College Point Corporate Park area.
Growth throughout our organization has created the need to restructure the accounting and finance department.
The responsibilities of the Controller include:
- Performs a variety of management duties to ensure the timely completion of work according to established operational controls and guidelines, which includes assigning work to the accounting staff, checking work to ensure it has been properly completed, planning and scheduling work to prevent delays and meet deadlines, recommends improvements to operational procedures, evaluates the performance of subordinates, recommends disciplinary or other human resources actions, hires and trains new staff members, and develops the skills and abilities of existing staff members
- Learns to perform all tasks performed by the accounting staff
- Assists CFO in reviewing and analyzing daily balancing reports
- Prepares monthly journal uploads/journal entries/monthly accruals
- Prepares monthly financial statements including cost allocations, and variance analysis
- Prepares regular analysis of certain G/L accounts on a regular basis and in special circumstances as needed
- Reviews bank reconciliations for presentation to CFO
- Assists in preparation of the annual and departmental budgets
- Reconciles intercompany balances
- Assists outside auditor for annual audit by researching and preparing supporting schedules, e.g. fixed assets, accrued expenses etc.
- Assists in preparation for tax audits and other special projects
- Develops relevant financial reports for management interpretation
- Reviews all sales tax reports to ensure that they are complete and accurate
- Maintains the general ledger
- Ensures timely and accurate payments to vendors for inventory purchases and administrative expenses
- Ensures accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Develops a thorough understanding of the ERP system and transaction flow
- Improves processes and data flow between departments (Order Entry, Purchasing, etc.)
- Evaluates and establishes internal controls
- Assists the CFO in other projects and requests
Desired Skills & Experience
Qualified candidates should have a BS/ Accounting with a minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience, be organized, and possess excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills. Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required. , Working knowledge of MS Access preferred. Proficiency with ERP systems required. Experience with a distribution company a plus. Infor SxEnterprise experience a plus.
Travers’ benefits package includes 401k, educational reimbursement, life, medical and dental insurance, Aflac as well as an excellent opportunity with potential for professional and personal growth.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: Fax: (718) 661-5699 E-mail: email@example.com For more information visit us at www.travers.com